Contributions from pregnant women around the world
Page 2

Received from Stephanie on the 6th of January 2000

Dear Kathrine,

Thank you so much for the informative mail! I delivered my little girl on Nov 23rd, and unfortunately suffered greatly from the hip pains all the way up to the day she was born. It seems that Europe in general is far more open minded to such problems; I wish doctors here in the U.S. would wisen up and deal with it instead of ignore it. It's the same sort of mentality they have here toward epidurals. The entire duration of my pregnancy, I had doctors hovering over me trying to convince me that I was crazy for not wanting one. I even had one doctor make the smart remark that I was a 'prime candidate' for an epidural, because I yelped in pain during a pelvic exam (I was contracting at the time -- OUCH). 

Contrary to popular belief here in the U.S., delivery is NOT impossible or crazy without an epidural. If I could make it through without one - which I did, and happily so - then anyone can, because I'm not exactly blessed with a high pain tolerance. I only wish that I had been able to get a midwife to help me. I was, however, fortunate enough to have a friend as a coach who had delivered both of her children in Europe, and without her I would have probably caved in and gotten the stupid epidural out of fear.

As for the hip pain, I still suffer from painful bouts now and again even after delivery. All three of the women I know who are currently pregnant are suffering from the same problem, and one hurts so badly at times that she can only lie in bed and whimper. What sort of medical minds can accept this as imagination, or overexaggeration? What kind of country do I live in that can ignore such a painful and widespread problem? It's depressing, to say the least.

Again, thank you for the advice - I may not be able to use it, but I will certainly pass along the information to my friends. Your website is a wonderful one - I have already told my friends about it. Take care, good luck and best wishes for this new year!

Sincerley, Stephanie


Received from Lori Burgin on the 6th of March 1999

Greetings and salutations from Texas, USA. It is March and 80 degrees. I don't even want to guess what the summer will be like. I haven't always lived here... Just 4 years ago I was driving around in Montana when I felt this overwhelming, undeniable urge to projectile vomit. And vomit and vomit and ....well, you get the picture. The only thing that seemed to sooth these urges was chocolate and lots of it.

I was young, divorced and alone throughout my pregnancy. Living in the shadows of the great Rocky Mountains was great but the scenery can't kiss you goodnight or tell you everything will be fine. I somehow made it through the 9 month cycle of vomit, chocolate, vomit, chocolate, vomit, sardines and grape juice, vomit. (It was a strange diversion - I would NOT  recommend.)

My moment of truth came on February 8, 1996. It was my due date. But the only thing I would deliver that day was a load of whites to the washing machine. It began to dawn on me that maybe the doctor had miscalculated my due date. I had been told it was January 25. Then February 8. Maybe it was June 13 or September 20? How was I to know? I had never been pregnant before and had never seen a live birth. (I am not counting my dog's litter.) How was I supposed to figure this timing thing out? I had left it to the experts whom apparently couldn't agree on the day THEY thought I would deliver. So, I waited and did morelaundry.....

On February 9th I awoke with such a jolt, it was amazing!!! It was wonderful! I was experiencing something I had never experienced before. I was feeling the urge to make a Mississippi Mud Pie......FROM SCRATCH!!! So, I hopped in my pre-requisite Montana vehicle: the 4-wheel drive and cruised on down to the grocery store. I shopped and nibbled. I chatted with the bag boy and asked if he knew anything about due dates. He asked, "Like, do you mean an overdue library book or something?" Yeah, something like that Mr. Paper or Plastic.

On the way home I stopped at a garage sale and argued with an elderly man about the price marked on his 1977 lawnmower. I was feeling very irritable and I hate to mow the grass. He was an easy target. Well, that day came and went like my entire Mud Pie. They really are comforting, you know. The next morning brought a beautiful Sunday morning sunrise and an epiphany. IF, just maybe, IF this were the day I were to go into labor and be at the mercy of the nursing staff, would they allow me to eat? I did not want to chance this and decided to nourish my unborn baby with Nachos Bellgrande and a large glass of water. Oh heck, just hold the water and give me those wonderful, crunchy little ice pellets that restaurant was famous for serving. Am I the only woman whomever absolutely longed for and dreamed about the perfect textured ice cubes? I couldn't get enough ice. I have been told crunching ice may be a sign of iron deficiency, so please take it from me: ask your Dr. - don't chip a tooth. When you start fantasizing about ice, it's time to talk to someone, ladies.

As I was trying to accomodate my cute little belly and maneuver myself into near-comfort while watching 60 Minutes, it hit me. Like a Nerf football. It wasn't big, it wasn't huge. It was a mild, ocean wavey, mellow kind of squeeze around my abdomen. This was it!! I was so excited I forgot to look at the clock and then waited the next eternity for the next little roller coaster wave to strike. And it did! YES! YES! YES! I have arrived! I am in labor!!! No one can take it away from me, I have earned it, I own it, It is MINE! So, what do I do? I get in the shower. I shave my legs. ( I was not about to let anyone see that third trimester growth of unseen hair!) I put on makeup and fix my hair. I put on my cutest leggings and warmest sweater. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. It was now 3:30 am the following morning > Monday, February 12, 1996. A great day to have a baby.

While walking 7.5 miles around the labor and delivery floor of the hospital and watching one shift go home and another arrive, I began to wonder. Maybe this wasn't going to happen today. But then my beautiful, sweet Dr. Heidi arrives with her long "crochet" hook and...Whoosh!!! Now, we're talking L-A-B-O-R. Okay, nice nurse-lady, I know I said no drugs, but, but, don't you have an extra vial of "mommy-knock-em-out" drugs laying around? Ask the lady across the hall, she's breathing really weird and isn't screaming yet. She'll never miss a thing and I promise not to tell. But it's too late, time to push....

And push I did. I must have sounded like I was giving birth to twin Rhinos. I found this voice from somewhere deep inside my being that almost hurt my vocal chords on it's way out....UUUUUMMMMMMMMM. But it worked! Just a short eternity later and my beautiful baby girl was born. She was so tiny and sweet and perfect and cute and really mine. I held her to my breast and told her I had been waiting a long time to meet her. I told her I was Mom or Mommy, whichever she preferred and that all of my life I would love, cherish, respect and protect her. I am still in awe of that sweet, perfect little girl and she decided Mommy was my name.

Something very magical and wonderful occured on the day my Olivia was born. My heart healed. I looked into her eyes and became her Mother. She still takes my breath away and just now I finally feel like I get to keep her. She's really mine and I am so grateful. She just celebrated her third birthday and so delightful. Something equally wonderful occured shortly after her 2nd birthday. Her Mommy's very first boyfriend, first love, high school sweetheart, dreamboat guy called! We hadn't spoken in nearly 12 years yet the minute I heard his voice I knew. It was him. My guy. He flew to Montana and we 3 drove off into the sunset together. On Easter Sunday we 3 married in the same little town we 2 dated in all those years ago. My little angel walked her Mommy down the aisle and we all promised to love, cherish, respect and protect each other forever. Now, they both take my breath away. I am awaiting pregnancy test results as I write this. My life is sweeter than Mississippi Mud Pie any day!

Sincerely, Lori Burgin

Received from Donna on the 20th of April 1999

I thought that I was prepared for motherhood, I had gone to the lamaze classes prepared my baby's nursery registered at Babies 'R' Us etc. Well after the birth of my daughter Samantha in April 1997 I realized that nothing can prepare you for the enormous responsibility of being a mother. First of all I had no idea that I was capable of loving a someone as much as a mother loves her child. It is amazing the lengths that mothers will go for the happiness of their children. I have gone without food, sleep, showers and countless other things just for the sake of motherhood. And you know what? not once have I felt like it isn't all worth it.

On July 20, 1998 my second child was born my son Joseph he is nine months old and is a beautiful, well natured and ` smiling baby. There are many times where I feel overwhelmed. Running around after a toddler and taking care of a newborn can be very very tiring. That's when I stop and look at what a wonderful blessing that god has bestowed upon me. I have two healthy happy children who love me unconditionally. I am also blessed with a patient caring husband who understands why there isn't a lot of time for him. I hope that every mother realizes what a precious treasure they have in their child and also what an important role they have being a mother.

Received from Rhonda on the 27th of July 1999

I really enjoyed reading all of the stories by others on your pregnancy pages! It gave me some comfort to know that I'm not alone in some of the things I'm experiencing. I am six weeks pregnant now in July 99, after having a miscarriage in March '99. So, of course, I am very nervous. I haven't noticed any nausea. I do have a few cramps now and then, my breasts are tender and I am occasionally tired. I do have a question though, that I was hoping maybe someone could answer. I just noticed for the first time today, that I seem to have a very small amount of a yellow discharge. I'm hoping this is normal, but wondered if anybody else has experienced the same thing. My first doctor's appointment is August 3 (one more week!) I wasn't sure if this merited a phone call or not. Thanks for publishing my letter.

Rhonda, Pennsylvania

Received from Susanne on the 19th of April 1999

I thought I would send you an email when I found your site on the internet. I had a tremendous amount of pelvic pain when I was pregnant with my son (now 21 months). The doctor told me that his head was wedged in my pelvis from 29 weeks and actually forced my pubic bones apart. The last 10 weeks of my pregnancy was agony - it was so hard to do anything - even walk. I have been told that it is likely to happen in my next pregnancy, too. There is no support for this condition in Australia, which is a shame. I think the condition was made worse by the cold weather - although I guess it depends where you live as to whether you consider weather to be cold or not.

I also had sciatic pain in my early pregnancy - would this be related? I do not know if the type of pain I had is the type that is experienced in your country - I thought I would let you know anyway. Thanks for all the information on your site - I had a great time reading and absorbing!

Yours sincerely Susanne

Received from Sandra on the 26th of June 1999

I am 32 years old and 18 weeks pregnant. My husband and I had tried to have a baby for over a year, but with no results. The problem, apparently being an hormonal unbalance in my body. Then, in the middle of our moving from one city to another, I started feeling tired, moody, depressed, and anxious. I was so sure that I could not be pregnant that I did not bother testing (in the previous year I had spent a fortune in tests). I thought I was having a sort of nervous breakdown due to the moving, the sale of my house, and the quitting of my job. So I started going to counselling to see if they could help me with what I then believed to be a mild depression (I often had 45-50 days cycles, so I did not worry when my period did not come). Until one day, after almost a month of therapy, while visiting a museum I felt like fainting and throwing up at the same time. I told my husband to get me a test, because I was too sick to go myself. It turned out positive (that tells you something about doctors' diagnosis).

Unfortunately in the first months I have had all the worst symptoms of pregnancy: all day morning sickness, low pressure, constant fatigue and vomiting. Now that I am in my forth month the sickness and the vomit are dramatically fading away giving me great relief. Though the worst part for me has been coping with friends and relatives, who obviously did not experience the same symptoms during pregnancy, who were convinced that all my symptoms were mental and I should just "snap out of it". Even pregnancy books characterize most of these symptoms as "self induced" (my case proves their theory wrong because I had them before I even know I was pregnant). For a while these friends and relatives succeeded in making me feel disappointed at myself because I could not control my symptoms (I felt especially bad when I could not retain the food because I thought I was starving my baby). I would like to tell pregnant women that each woman's body reacts differently to the pregnancy adventure and whatever one feels it is ok. Forget about friends' and relatives' stories and advice. Listen to your body and to your doctor alone. Some women feel wonderful throughout their pregnancy while some throw up their guts especially in their first months and are nauseated by the smell of their favorite magazine. And remember that books about pregnancy are not the bible, many things they say may not apply to you. There is no "right" way to be pregnant. Now that I feel much better I am finally able to enjoy my pregnancy even if my skin is not glowing and I do not have enough energy to run on the treadmill, as I used to do before being pregnant. Good luck to everybody who is pregnant. 

Sandra (Italy) due in November '99

Received from Erin on the 17th of June 1999

Hello my name is Erin and I am 19 years old and to be exact three months and two days pregnant with my first baby. The pregnancy was unplanned and of some what a shock..Though over time I have grown to love the baby growing within me. Only yesterday did I have my first antenatal appointment (I live in Australia). Undergoing the routine blood tests, weight, height, breast examination, and a lengthy discussion with a midwife. At this stage of the pregnancy, I have been fortunate enough to not have throwen up although for the first month and a half I had my fair share of nausea. I found out I was pregnant by doing a homepregnancy test on the 29th of April and it was confirmed on the 30th of April, and a bladder infection leading to the kidneys - later developing into a urinary tract infection, which was put down to being the cause for the back pain I was getting.

The first symptoms I had was that of an over due period and very sensitive breasts. The doctor tried to hear the babies heart beat, explaining that it would be unlikely to hear it, which we were unable to do so, having then she offered to perform my first ultrasound. I jumped to the chance...and there a minute later upon the screen was my baby - the heart beating fast - and arms moving rapidily - and at this stage everything is going great with the babies development. My expected due date is the 27th of December 1999!

This birthstory was sent to me from Shannon Pelissier in France - thank you! (November 1998)

My husband and I are expecting our second child in June 99. We live in France (he is French) and I am absolutely terrified. Our first child was born in the USA, and I'm a little afraid to have a baby in another country. I don't speak French very well and all my friends are english-speaking.

With my son, who is 18 months old now, I had very few problems. He was a surprise, unplanned but not unwanted. I had no sickness, no crazy cravings for strawberries or pickles and ice cream. I was getting exceptionally huge towards the last trimester. In fact, at 7 months gestation, most people thought I was the full 9 months. I was a week late, past my due-date. I had been having contractions for 5 days but was not dilated. I had also been told that I had pre-eclampsia, and
had been bed-ridden for a week. Then the moment came.

To be honest, when my labor pains started, I thought I just had to go to the toilet really bad. I finally figured I was in labor, and drove myself to the hospital just to check. Without even looking at me, my doctor assured me I was not in labor. I insisted I was and he checked me, after much prodding. "Damn," he exclaimed. "Let's get you into maternity. You're gonna have this baby soon!

They had to break my water, and at that moment, myacopia was diagnosed. I had insisted on NO epidural under any situation, wanting a natural delivery. After 6 hours of labor and unbearable pain, I screamed for drugs. The anstegelogist came in with a tye-dye bandana on, and I knew I was in for a treat.

At 11:52 pm, May 19,1997, our beautiful son was born, weighing in at a healthy 9 lbs., 8 oz., and 23 inches long. It was the most wonderful rewarding moment of my life and I feel it was the best thing I did for my husband, our little baby, and myself.

A great contribution from Sarah Mayfield in USA - thank you! (September 1998)

Well I'm 39 weeks and for the past two days I have experienced regular contractions about 20-30 minutes apart (well today they are not as regular but I'm still having them). They don't hurt, and amazingly enough I wish they did, so that I will know for fact that this is it! Or better yet or let my water break!

This is our first child and we are excited but not like our friends are about their pregnancies. They are giddy and we are mellower about it. Well the first thing that really stuck in my mind about possibly being pregnant was in January (the month I conceived) When A co-worker told me I should get a jacket on while I was outside scrapping off my car. It was
still winter and about 35 degrees outside. I said to him "I'm burning up, I don't want a jacket." He said "are you sure you're not pregnant?"

The following Sunday it was weighing heavy on my mind, when I said a little prayer in my heart, and I had such a strong feeling, yes I was pregnant, and not to worry. So on Monday I got a test and at first I was determined to wait till the morning when it would be the most effective. But I couldn't wait. so I did it. It was positive! I jumped for joy and called my husbands work to see if he left yet. He had left, so I had to wait, I wanted to call my mother, his mother, and his step-mother (who did most of his raising, and she is a very good friend to me) but no I had to wait for him.

The first thing out of his mouth was "No, did you do it right."..."Well go get another test anyway!" Uggh the nerve of him.
But if that is what it takes then I'll do it. Late that night I brought back a buy-one-get-one-free. Two more tests to prove the truth. After the first 1 1/2 months the upset stomach was there then the full blown morning sickness till about the fourth month. It didn't get really bad, My friend was just a few weeks ahead of me and she lost 25 pounds from her sickness! Yikes!

My Iron was a little low midway, but it's ok now, and I am GBS (Group B strep) Positive, which only needs to be treated with an IV of Antibiotics once I get to the hospital. It could lead to some complications with the baby, but that's what the IV is for. I would have to have an IV of antibiotics anyway because at one point in my life I was diagnosed with Mitro-Valve pro-lapse, one of the valves in my heart is like a sticky door and can let too much blood through.

When I was told I was GBS+ the nurse told me sometimes It is a result of taking so many antibiotics during my lifetime. Because of my MVP (Mitro-valve) I had to take 3000 mgs of amoxicillin before and dentist visit ans 1500 6 hrs later. So I think the GBS is because the MVP.

I've marked this spot as a favorit and I will be sending an update story of my delivery.

Thanks for reading. SRM, MI, USA

Hi Kathrine,

You talk about hip pain and the fact that it does not seem to be a problem outside of Norway. I am 31, 28 weeks pregnant and experiencing pelvic pain. I am not particularly large, I've gained about 20 lbs. I am in excellent
physical shape. I excercise and walk regularly but tire much easier now. I've been amazed at the discomfort I've had. Just thought you should know that we here in the States experience this too.

For me, I seemed to experience pain in the 6 month around the 25 - 26th weeks. It felt as though my pelvic bone was bruised and the floor muscles of my uterus were strained. I noticed more lower back and abdominal pain during this period. I am very active (aerobic excercise 3x per week and walk min. 3 miles 3x per week. it was very difficult for me to keep a regular schedule. I found water aerobics to cause the least amount of stress and pain. I did notice that abduct or aduct excercises were very difficult and I tried to avoid them.

I'm feeling much better now in my 30th week (I've gained approx. 20 lbs). I still have fatigue in my low back, abdomin and hips but it is much less painful. I do notice that sleeping on my side as opposed to by back relieves the stress.

Maria Jacobson

- The interesting thing here is that Maria´s Mother is German and Scandinavian (and hip pain during pregnancy is very common in Scandinvia - please read more here)

A family tradition

Well I guess it is a family tradition that the women on my mother's side grow to be the size of small houses and walk like newborn ducks starting second trimester. Logan was not a planned baby, but we were not ignorant of what our extracurricular activities might produce and were willing to embrace it with all of our love. We had planned a future together, and were unofficially affianced to each other.

I almost knew exactly when I was pregnant...My period was only 2 days late, but I felt different somehow. Edward, my husband now, and I trekked up to HEB and spent hours looking at pregnancy tests...ducking into aisles, hoping that none would see us. We picked out an offbrand test and went home. I followed the directions to a tee.... and the 3 minute wait was the most incredible wait of my life 3 minutes seemed like 30 hours....I was nervous, yet I felt I knew the outcome....Ed went to the restroom to retrieve the test and came back with a shocked look on his face. I was pregnant. Even though we knew it could happen, it was such a shock.... I verified the pregnancy a few weeks later with a doctor.

Ed and I married on Valentine's Day, a little bit earlier than we had originally planned, but it was a day that neither one of us couldn't forget. A NATIONAL HOLIDAY! I was four months pregnant. Than I began the family tradition. I had intense cravings. Lemons, burritos, cans of sauerkraut, and nightly trips to the local convenience stores for crusty burritos...My poor husband did not get much sleep because of my belly. He ate when I ate, and we both began to grow...Outwardly that is...I was huge.

My doctor said exercise and eat right...well, honestly tell me that you can ignore a craving of powdered donuts or whoppers and I will honestly tell you that you are my hero. I did exercise though. A pregnant friend and I walked everyday.... I worked for 8 months of my pregnancy, and I was physically fit before I became pregnant. I didn't understand why I was so huge. I became to the point that sitting down became a lengthy chore; I felt that I was carrying a small horse in my belly.

I could entertain guests by sitting a cake plate and a small glass of water on my belly and watch it move in almost rhythmic patterns. At 6 months we had a sonogram and we confirmed that "baby" would be a boy. We decided to name him Logan. "What to Expect when Expecting" became my bible. I woke up and read and went to bed reading. I had bags and bags of reading material, and I felt I was pretty well prepared.

I packed my bags, and an expecting father bag three months in advance, just to unpack it several times, to pack it according to this article or this article, or to realize that I packed something that I needed in it.... I was nervous and overly moody. I urged my husband to go spend time with friends to give him a break, just to cry when he finally did go. I sometimes wonder how we made it, but we did.

Well, at nine months, my doctor decided to induce labor because of the size of the fetus. I could hardly walk, I had swollen hands, feet, legs, basically a likely comparison to the Michelin Man with leaky breasts. That morning they induced my labor - August 6th. A few hours later they brought in an anesthesiologist to outfit an epidural for me. He had me sit at the edge of the bed. Ed held my shoulders and whispered comforts in my ear as the doctor issued instructions...My poor husband. The doctor said be still we are going to get a little shock. I felt something and I jerked. The doctor said, "Now be still Ma'am, we are going to try this again"

All of the sudden, I felt a stiff jolt and watched my husband crumple slightly. My knee met his very special area with quite a vigor. He smiled and with a weak voice commented on it being part of the job. I love this man!

Soon after my legs lost all feeling, to bad my belly still had most of it's feeling. The contractions were not bad, they came frequently but not very strong. As my doctor put it "piddly" So they pumped more medicine into my veins to try and rouse my labor just a little. I am a lot like my father in that respect. Medicine just doesn't work on me very well. By evening time, the contractions came stronger and closer together. A nurse came in and told me that it was time that I should try to push. I thought she would never asked. I was determined to have this baby vaginally, unlike my mother and all of her sisters. With full confidence, we commenced on pushing. Lamage went out the window...For over an hour -close to 2 hours I pushed, I could see the crown of his head in the mirror, which gave me strength.... But after a while, I became tired. I had a headache and was beginning to see double.... My husband has to help me on this part of the recollections, because I was near a stroke.... Seeing double, I had broken most of the small blood vessels in my face and eyes. I remember afterwards thinking that I looked dirty, even though I just showered. My nurse started calling for the doctor and within minutes I was on the operating table. My husband was scrubbed and they tried to up the dosage of the epidural so that I could stay conscience during the operation. It didn't work and they knocked me out. (to get to the point) I woke up hours later in a recovery room with my parents and Logan. My new baby. I fell right back asleep. Next thing I knew I was in my room, with a nifty difty morphine clicker. They said I could click it every 5 minutes and get an additional dosage. I timed my watch with the clock and every 5 minutes I clicked that clicker. I didn't see Logan right away. He had to be resuscitated and they were keeping a close eye on him. He was 9 pounds. Ooooh baby! Forget newborn diapers and get right into the first step. From then on you know the story.... Your life is changed.

The first few months I was late everywhere. My ordinary routine uprooted by a baby boy. He ruled my world. I had very little sleep. I would be angry with Ed, because he could sleep through a monster truck rally. Logan ate every 2 hours - for months, but everything he ate at least half came up. The doctors said he would outgrow it. I felt that projectile vomiting every 2.5 hours was not normal, but according to the doctors it was. When Logan was 8 months old, we moved to south Texas and the doctor here did a barium test and prescribed "prepulsid" Soon after taking it he stopped his vomiting and he continued to grow and discover new things. Such as swallowing small sharp objects.

My husband was watching Logan and our nephews one evening at there home. Logan was a year old...and one day. Ed had gone to tend to another child and all of the sudden Logan was quiet, uncharacteristic of our child. Ed turned around and Logan was lying on his back and turning blue. He had choked on a bottle cap of all things...Ed did a finger sweep and mouth to mouth. Then he called 911. I called from work, and met him there before the ambulance did. A parent never knows how much they love a child until they almost lose them. We went to the hospital and the initial inspection of his throat was clean, and his color was back and he almost seemed normal, despite the trauma he had just been through. To be on the safe side we had an x-ray done and found that Logan had eaten a metal thumbtack. Within days we were transferred to a hospital out of town and given a few days to see if he would pass the tack. With the grace of God he did. For a long while I did not go to my in-laws home. I was bitter with them, but I forgive. I can't stay bitter. My son is alive and now 2 years old. Logan is ornery with an ever-growing vocabulary. All of his sentences start with "No" and I wouldn't trade him for anything else in the world. Anyone ever wondering on whether to start a family, make sure you really know what you are getting into, and be of sound mind, much patience, and a whole lot of love. The rewards of a little one cannot be replaced. Beginning at the first time they try to feed themselves, talk, and take those first steps.... Now if we could only get him to sit on the potty! Thanks...Logan's Mom

Hello! I've really enjoyed your site and was wondering if you or some of your readers might be able to answer my question? I am 27 years old and about 8 weeks along on my pregnancy. The funny thing is, is that I really don't have your 'typical' pregnancy feelings. I don't have any sickness, I am not really tired, nor do I have any real abnormal cravings. I
am a fairly active person who teaches college aerobic classes and goes jogging with my puppy on my off days. The weird thing is that I'm wondering if I am still pregnant. I keep hearing and reading these pregnancy stories and can't really relate. The only things that are somewhat abnormal for me are that I have a terrible time sleeping and I am a bit more irritable now. Can you or any of your readers relate to my pregnancy? I would really appreciate any comments you or your
readers might have to offer.

Thank you very much for your time.
Renee Ziemer, Santa Rosa, CA

Thank you so much for putting my letter on your web page. I have received quite a few responses. I wanted to update you on my pregnancy. I am still thankfully not feeling sick. I am growing rapidly and finally beginning to get tired a lot. I am now 14 weeks along. We had a first sonogram a week ago and it all went great. We thought I was only 9-10 weeks along according to the last day I could remember I actually had a period. I was way off. I ended up being a month further along on my pregnancy. There was actually a real little baby inside of me. We were all surprised when the baby appeared so far along on the sonogram. I guess I have been a real lucky mother. I hope it all continues. Thanks again for all of your help - Renee

I just wanted Renee to know that I too had a hard time believing that I was pregnant until I was about three months along. I never had any morning sickness ever, I never had any cravings and for my first two trimesters I wasn't tired at all! At about 18 weeks I finally felt a little flutter in my abdomen which got stronger and stronger as the weeks went on. The only pregnancy symptom that I had in the first trimester was a sore chest and my bra cup size increased from a B to a C - I also got all kinds of stretch marks on my chest!! I am now almost 38 weeks along and the only adverse pregnancy symptoms that I have had have been some bloating in the second trimester for about a week, heartburn once in a while in this last trimester and some swelling in my feet and hands for the last few weeks. Overall it has been a pretty uneventful and easy pregnancy!! I even went to the ymca and worked out last night! Good luck to you Renee.

From Kim Grabas


Ó Kathrine´s Pregnancy Pages - made by Kathrine Jølle Wathne